6 Signs That Things are Spinning Out Of Control
There is one barrier to seeking mental health treatment that veterans seem to face. That barrier is often the one that is most difficult to overcome. It’s the barrier inside each of us, the internal stigma against seeking treatment. The whole “suck it up and drive on” mentality. The “I can handle this” mindset that binds us until we can’t handle it any more. So here are six warning signs that things are getting out of control.
In this episode, Duane talks about six things that he has seen in veterans that he works with that indicate that things are spinning out of control. If any of these things, or most of these things, are present in you or veterans in your network, find a mental health professional to talk to!
IN THIS PARTICULAR EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
Six signs that things are spinning out of control:
1. You just don’t give a crap anymore (about things you used to enjoy).
2. You just don’t give a crap anymore (about life in general).
3. You give too much of a crap about things (little things become huge).
4. Something in your life has more control over you than you have over it (like substance abuse).
5. Something in you has more control over you than you have over it (like emotions).
6. Someone else brings it to your attention (like a friend, family member…or the cops).
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Hey, It’s Eddie and Bennett! Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section or you can leave me a message about this episode by going to http://ChangeYourPOV.com/AskEddie
If you enjoy the show I sure hope you’ll subscribe and download a bunch of episodes on iTunes.
All these shows are free to download and listen to and we don’t ask for donations or anything to create this show. But if you’d like to totally make our day… we would be forever grateful if you would be so kind as to leave an honest review on iTunes.
If you are new to reviews and need a little help, you can go to LEAVE A REVIEW and we will walk you through that step-by-step. Thank you in advance for doing that! – plus, we read each and every one of them! Please share this episode with your friends and family!