Dr. Aaron James Smith is a United States Marine and Associate Professor at Western Washington University. His focus is on military veterans and Existential Psychotherapy.
IN THIS PARTICULAR EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Aaron’s journey from the Marines to Veteran Mental Health
- Lack of conversation about purpose and meaning in veteran mental health
- Logotherapy and Viktor Frankl
- Identifying the future in order to deal with the past
- Three tenets of logotherapy: Freedom of Will, Will to Meaning, and Meaning of Life
- Veterans already have the knowledge to heal, they just need help to become aware of it
- Posttrauamtic Growth
- Veterans and awareness of their own mortality
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Man’s Search for Meaning: Viktor Frankl
The Doctor and the Soul: Viktor Frankl
Gift of Therapy: Irvin Yalom
Staring At The Sun: Irvin Yalom
Don’t miss out! Check out the Monthly Book Club and be a part of the conversation! Tons of exclusive content just for the members. Membership is FREE! Click the image below to learn more!
Hey, It’s Eddie and Bennett! Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section or you can leave me a message about this episode by going to http://ChangeYourPOV.com/AskEddie
If you enjoy the show I sure hope you’ll subscribe and download a bunch of episodes on iTunes.
All these shows are free to download and listen to and we don’t ask for donations or anything to create this show. But if you’d like to totally make our day… we would be forever grateful if you would be so kind as to leave an honest review on iTunes.
If you are new to reviews and need a little help, you can go to LEAVE A REVIEW and we will walk you through that step-by-step. Thank you in advance for doing that! – plus, we read each and every one of them! Please share this episode with your friends and family!